Thursday 26 June 2008

Evaluation

The legal constraint I had for my leaflet advertisement was that I needed express written permission from the marketing department to use the Central Sussex College logo on my leaflet design because they need to approve the design and make sure that it is up to the colleges’ professional standards.

There wasn’t anything that constrained my advert towards the awards evening for regulatory or professional reasons.

The financial constraints I had been not having the budget to hire a professional designer to create modern 3D graphics to be used on the leaflet design. This would have cost an estimated £150 to £400 for one days work; we simply did not have the required budget to achieve this goal.

I lead the marketing group in achieving the choice for the final colour scheme to be used in everything for the awards event such as posters, banners, leaflets and logos. We reached the conclusion of using gold, red and black. There were discussions for just gold and silver so the group had a class vote.

We (the marketing team) held meetings every week during our lessons for up to two hours giving ideas and sorting through what we will use for posters, banners and logos and what we will discard. I think we did well in organizing and finalizing what we needed for the event.

We had four weeks to fully organize and finalize all content that marketing was in charge of, to meet the deadline each person in marketing was in charge of a certain task such as one student in charge of tickets, a different one in charge of the posters etc. We met those timescales required to meet deadlines so the finished products can be ready for use. If I were to do another advert or similar task to this one I would stress strict deadlines for everyone in the group involved to ensure everything is ready in advance, not last minute.

My poster and ticket designs that were nominated for the final choice all gathered positive verbal feedback from other students, for great use of the correct colour scheme that was chosen (red, gold & black) and clear design. I believe my contributions were very professional and would work well in a professional environment, because for example in a professional environment you would be using high-end professional editing software such as Photoshop which is what was used when I designed the poster and tickets.

No comments: